Tar-zhay also known as Target. Some random thoughts while shopping at Target:
- I heard a lady talking on her phone to a friend. I wasn’t eavesdropping I promise. You could have heard her halfway across the store. She used one of those classic southern phrases, “Bless her heart.”. Ahh, makes me smile.
Here is how the Urban Dictionary defines it, for those of you in other parts of the Country/ World, not familiar with the saying.
1. This is a term used by the people of the southern United States to express to someone that they are an idiot without saying such harsh words.
2. You are an idiot but I like you and care about you so I don’t want to hurt your feelings.
3. Phrase used by Southern women to excuse themselves for speaking ill of someone else.
- There is something about those designer collaborations at Target. They have worked with Mizrahi, Thakoon, Rodarte, Missioni, among others. And now Jason Wu. I am mystified at all the ladies flocking to Target to snatch up every last piece. Tar-zhay is quite the smarty pants coming up with this. Designer names at Target prices.
I am not sold on the concept that all these clothes are universally flattering.
Like this Jason Wu look at Target now. I am not sure I am wooed by this look. I know it is designer and all, but I believe the 90’s came calling and would like their floral/mesh combo top back.
You might look impossibly chic or you might just look like a crazy cat lady. Truth.
All kidding aside, I like some of the stuff in these collections. And there is something about shopping at Target. Maybe I should put the fluorescent lighting and big red target symbols up at my home. I will want all the stuff I already own!
* (Random Musings at Tar-zhay brought to you by Savannah Beginnings, not Target. I don’t work for them and they don’t pay me to be a fan, unfortunately.)
P.S. Here is what I checked out with: Milk. checked off the list. Bread. check. Mascara. check, check. Clearly the essentials of life.
Do you have any Target stories for me? I am listening.